The Miramichi Salmon Association (MSA) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a part-time position to assist with the administration and office duties associated with its growing membership and fundraising programs.
- On a weekly basis, maintain and update individual member/donor records using MSA’s donor management/computer software program. One-on-one interaction with members/donors.
- Assist in the production, distribution and fulfillment of MSA’s annual membership renewal and acquisition initiatives, including preparing solicitation packages, processing & tracking responses, producing/sending thank you letters & tax receipts, etc.
- Assist with the administration duties associated with processing Dinner Event results, including data-entry of attendees, gifts & donations, processing/sending thank you letters & tax receipts, etc.
- Assist with the administration duties associated with targeted donor/VIP gift solicitation ‘Campaigns’, including processing solicitation packages, tracking results, updating individual donor records, etc.
- Using MSA’s donor management system, assist with tracking and reporting on donor giving histories.
- As requested, assist with the administration of other new membership or fundraising initiatives.
- Assist with general office administration such as answering phones, preparing and posting large mailings, inventory reconciliation, etc.
- Support and participate in MSA’s fundraising activities whenever possible.
- Post-secondary diploma in Office and/or Business Management, CMR, Accounting, etc.
- Previous experience working within a client-focused Office or Business Management environment
- Solid computer and IT knowledge; strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Competent working with customer/client-based software; exceptional data-entry and batch processing skills
- Confident when communicating with the general public, including cold-calling via telephone
- Experience working or volunteering in the not-for-profit sector would be considered an asset
- Bilingualism an asset, but not required
Reporting: Position reports to the Director of Development and Communications
Location: MSA Office, South Esk, NB.
Compensation: This position currently calls for 15 hours per week, but is expected to increase with business growth. Scheduling of hours to be negotiated. An hourly rate $16.00/hr is being offered. No health or pension benefits offered.
Applications: To be considered for this part-time position, please submit a resume outlining your work experience and qualifications to email@example.com or mail to
Miramichi Salmon Association
485 Route 420
South Esk, NB E1V 4L9.
Applications must be received by no later than March 15, 2016.
The MSA thanks you in advance for your interest in this position, however we will only be contacting those individuals we wish to interview.